Let’s talk about stainless steel appliances.
Stainless steel is the most common finish for appliances and looks great – especially when it is shiny and smudge free. So, we’ve compiled a list of dos and don’ts for cleaning your appliances to keep them looking new!
- Find the grain – Yes, your stainless steel has “grain”, similar to wood. Find the direction it runs, either horizontal or vertical, and wipe with it for a better clean and shine.
- Use soft microfiber or cotton clothes – They won’t scratch or leave any lint behind.
- Use water – Always try to do less first. If a damp cloth cleans up the mess, then you’re done!
- Liquid dish soap – For more stubborn smudges, put a drop or two of dish soap on a damp cloth and wipe.
- Try glass cleaner – Sometimes those fingerprints just won’t budge. Try spraying a bit of glass cleaner on a cloth and wiping in a circular motion.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly – If you apply a cleaner, be sure you rinse after using and always dry your appliances with a clean cloth when you’re finished. Remember to go with the grain for the ultimate shine!
- Spray cleaners directly onto your appliance – It’s hard to control how much cleaner you are using and where it lands. Instead, spray onto a cloth and then apply
- Use abrasive brushes or scrubbing pads – They will scratch your beautiful new appliance.
- Use harsh or abrasive cleaners – Harsh cleaners can scratch or dull the finish of your appliance, cleaners containing bleach could even stain them.
Want to see more photos of this beautiful White Bear Lake kitchen? Click here!